TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I see what you are trying to say...
People Seeking Info

Subject I see what you are trying to say...

Posted by CaliguyPurdue (redesigning) on July 18, 2007 at 12:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 255 times.

In Reply To You are correct. "Engineer" in the name would posted by AZHeat on July 18, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Message and it makes sense from a general standpoint. In terms of engineering and liability, the general consensus is that regardless of the percieved risks, high or low, only an engineer can make that call.

The worst that can happen is an engine fire from the following possible sources:

Inadequate thermal sheilding
warpage induced exhaust leakage
cracking enduced exhaust leakage

Avoiding the last two requires an intimate understanding of heat transfer and material properties. An additional high liability issue is carbon monoxide poisoning from those exhaust leaks. All other failure types should limit damage to the component itself or the next assembly.

Claiming engineer status, expressed or implied, opens yourself up to being liable and accountable for these issues.

Daily driving a TT is like ordering your favorite pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner. It's not healthy and eventually you will lose the magic of the meal. Sometimes you just have to have some meatloaf.

My new meatloaf.... 1994 Black Honda Civic DX :D

what? It looks a little stumpy, but fits great in the hand! (n/m) - ZEngineer 12/12/06

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.